Tilney St Lawrence Parish Council

serving the villages of Tilney St Lawrence, Tilney cum Islington and Tilney Fen End

Smeeth Lode view West from Gravel Bank, between Lordsbridge and Tilney Fen End.

The Lode flows northeast to Islington Pumping Station.


Reporting Highways & Parking issues

Norfolk County Council’s website is the principle method for reporting highways

Issues, e.g. mud on the road, damage to pavements, potholes.

Check the NCC website: www.norfolk.gov.uk   and look for Roads and Transport, then Roads Report a problem. The list of options from there is self-explanatory.

The online reporting form gives a reference number so the person making the report can track the progress of their enquiry, if they wish.

Alternatively you can contact them by:

Telephone: 0344 800 8020 (this is a 24hr service)

Email: [email protected]


The Police have the power to prosecute farmers or hauliers who leave mud on the road and don’t clear up, and HGVs that are ignoring weight limits.

Please report incidents via the non-emergency number 101.

Most parking problems are now dealt with by the Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk in respect of parking on yellow lines, exceeding waiting times, blocking of dropped kerbs, but not parking on pavements unless there is a yellow line on the adjacent carriageway.

You can report problems by:

Email: [email protected]

Telephone: 01553 616222.

However, if the issue is Obstruction, eg at a junction, or a pavement where there is not an adjacent yellow line, it is a Police Matter.

Please call them on the non-emergency number 101 .

If you are not sure, call the Borough Council’s Parking Operations Team on the number shown above.


The A47 is a National Trunk Road and managed by the Highways Agency so report any problems direct to them. The website is: www.highways.gov.uk

Their contact details are:

Email: [email protected]

Telephone: 0300 123 5000.

NB. Please use the telephone number for emergencies.


And finally …… .

There is another way of reporting problems – a website called Fix My Street.


You simply report any problems to them, giving a street names or postcode, pinpoint it on a map with a brief description of the issue. They pass it on to the relevant authority very quickly. This is very useful if you are away from home.

Cookies For Comments Image